Chancellor's Reading Club
The Chancellor’s Reading Club is a reading program for Fayetteville State University. Each year the entire FSU community will be encouraged to read and discuss a common text. The goals of the Reading Club are
- To reinforce the importance of reading,
- To stimulate conversation and debate on a common topic,
- To reinforce the idea of education as something that takes place outside as well as inside the classroom.
For more information, be sure to visit the Chancellor's Reading Club website at http://www.uncfsu.edu/readingclub/about.htm.
Click on the Year Tab for more information on the Chancellor's Reading Club selection for that incoming Freshmen Class.
- Fall 2004, Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass by Frederick Douglass
- Fall 2005, The Lion and the Jewel by Wole Soyinka
- Fall 2006, The Conjure Woman and Other Conjure Tales by Charles W. Chesnutt
- Fall 2007, Fast Food Nation by Eric Schlosser
- Fall 2008, The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
- Fall 2009, Dreams from My Father by Barack Obama
- Fall 2010, There Are No Children Here by Alex Kotlowitz
- Fall 2011, Disintegration: The Splintering of Black America by Eugene Robinson
- Fall 2012, The Wealth Cre: Putting Money In Its Place by Hill Harper
- Fall 2013, The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
- Fall 2014, The Other Wes Moore: One Name, Two Fates by Wes Moore
- Fall 2015, A Raisin in the Sun by Lorraine Hansberry
- Fall 2016, Buck: A Memoir by M. K. Asante