Find out what it is and simple ways to avoid it!
Common examples of plagiarism:
- Copying sentences, paragraphs, data or visuals without properly citing their source
- Quoting material without proper use of quotation marks (even if otherwise cited appropriately)
- Paraphrasing or summarizing information from a source without proper acknowledgement;
- Paying someone for writing the assignment
- Listing a source in the bibliography/reference list that was not cited in the assignment
How do I avoid plagiarism?
Remember: You MUST provide an in-text citation and an entry in the Works Cited or list of References for ALL of the examples of quoting paraphrasing, or summarizing from other sources.
Find out more about Plagiarism at Fayetteville State University, and how to avoid it.
Further information about Plagiarism at Purdue OWL: Avoiding Plagiarism