University College has grown! To serve students better, University College now includes
CHEER: The CHEER Scholars Program is a summer bridge program that includes courses in English and mathematics, comprehensive academic support activities, and programs that promote personal development.
College Access Programs: These programs provide services that motivate and support students for preparation to enter and succeed in post-secondary education.
Freshman Center: Provides advisement and enrichment programs for first-time freshmen and undeclared second-year students.
Honors Program: The Honors Program challenges high-achieving students with a variety of programs.
International Education encourages and facilitates study abroad for FSU students as well as study at FSU for students from other countries.
Learning Center: Provides academic support in a number of subjects.
Military Education provides programs for active duty personnel and veterans as well as
Special Programs provides educational opportunities, outreach and support programs that inspire youth and adults to achieve quality education.
Transfer and Advisement Center: Provides outreach to community colleges, advisement for undeclared transfer students and for undeclared students in academic difficulty.
Chancellor's Reading Club
The Chancellor’s Reading Club is a reading program for Fayetteville State University. Each year the entire FSU community will be encouraged to read and discuss a common text. The goals of the Reading Club are
- To reinforce the importance of reading,
- To stimulate conversation and debate on a common topic,
- To reinforce the idea of education as something that takes place outside as well as inside the classroom.
For more information, be sure to visit the Chancellor's Reading Club website at http://www.uncfsu.edu/readingclub/about.htm.
Also check out the Chancellor's Reading Club LibGuide @ http://libguides.uncfsu.edu/chancellorsreadingclub
- Fall 2013, The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
- Fall 2012, The Wealth Cre: Putting Money In Its Place by Hill Harper
- Fall 2011, Disintegration: The Splintering of Black America by Eugene Robinson
- Fall 2010, There Are No Children Here by Alex Kotlowitz
- Fall 2009, Dreams from My Father by Barack Obama
- Fall 2008, The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
- Fall 2007, Fast Food Nation by Eric Schlosser
- Fall 2006, The Conjure Woman and Other Conjure Tales by Charles W. Chesnutt
- Fall 2005, The Lion and the Jewel by Wole Soyinka
- Fall 2004, Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass by Frederick Douglass